Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Personal 1198th Reason to Homeschool



With any decisions I make as a parent, there are always doubts. That is even the case with things that I KNOW are right. Homeschooling a child with special needs has definitely been one of those situations riddled with uncertainty.

Last weekend we had a wonderfully exhausting camping trip and I decided to let John sleep in this morning to help him recover. When he sleeps in, I spend more time on the internet.... and then the kids find some things to entertain themselves while they wait for me to reenter reality.

Sometimes they do some pretty amazing things. This morning, they decided to share the rocking chair and Hannah asked John to read to her. They are already on book number two. It's a good thing Hannah tolerates Star Wars and Walle! Aren't they sweet?

1 comment:

Carissa said...

I love it! :)
Moments like these are the ones that get me through the rough days, you know?
How sweet.
Thanks for sharing!